Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal boost+treble boost circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlugg

Hi, I'm trying to design a circuit with two stages.

1) a boost stage which will take an input signal and boost it by 6-20 dB (2 - 10 V/V). I'm not sure whether a BJT or a MOSFET would be best.

My main problem is dc biasing. I'm not sure what region is best, and whether I can follow the Vcc/3 rule for biasing or not.

Also, I don't have any real experience designing around a potentiometer... what value would be the best? How do I incorporate it into the design process?

2) How can I boost the higher frequencies? Could I use a high pass filter with a stop band that is of higher gain than 0? I don't want to cut the lower frequencies, just boost the higher ones.

Also, is it better to adjust the gain of a set pass band, or to have a set gain, but an adjustable pass bandwidth?

Thanks,

Mark

If you like a lot of distortion then make an amplifier with a single transistor.
The treble boost will increase the distortion.

Attachments

• sim transistor distortion1.PNG
    sim transistor distortion1.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 205
40% distortion is nothing for electric guitars.
The Fuzz Face distortion making circuit makes much more distortion:

Attachments

• Sim- Fuzz Face.PNG
    Sim- Fuzz Face.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 184
Look in Google at Fuzz Face Circuit.
There are links to the original one with old PNP germanium transistors and the circuit I simulated that has modern NPN silicon transistors.
It works from a 9V battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back