signal boost+treble boost circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlugg

Hi, I'm trying to design a circuit with two stages.

1) a boost stage which will take an input signal and boost it by 6-20 dB (2 - 10 V/V). I'm not sure whether a BJT or a MOSFET would be best.

My main problem is dc biasing. I'm not sure what region is best, and whether I can follow the Vcc/3 rule for biasing or not.

Also, I don't have any real experience designing around a potentiometer... what value would be the best? How do I incorporate it into the design process?

2) How can I boost the higher frequencies? Could I use a high pass filter with a stop band that is of higher gain than 0? I don't want to cut the lower frequencies, just boost the higher ones.

Also, is it better to adjust the gain of a set pass band, or to have a set gain, but an adjustable pass bandwidth?

Thanks,

Mark

You need to tell us EXACTLY what you're wanting to do - at a guess I would say you need to lookup opamps!.

If you like a lot of distortion then make an amplifier with a single transistor.
The treble boost will increase the distortion.

Attachments

• sim transistor distortion1.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 205
40% distortion is nothing for electric guitars.
The Fuzz Face distortion making circuit makes much more distortion:

Attachments

• Sim- Fuzz Face.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 184
Look in Google at Fuzz Face Circuit.
There are links to the original one with old PNP germanium transistors and the circuit I simulated that has modern NPN silicon transistors.
It works from a 9V battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…