Simple circuit to check phase,neutral and ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitu Shah

Dear all,
Good Day,
I wish to get simple electronic circuit in my extension board to incorporate so that when I plug in any device,its phase,neutral and ground wires connections are correct or wrong ,by LEDs mounted on extension board.
Thanks.

The simplest is three separate LEDs circuits:
Each configured for the supply voltage (115 or 230V AC) using either an inverse diode across the LED or a bridge rectifier, then a series resistor or resistor and capacitor combination.

Connect one between live (phase) and neutral, one between live and ground, and the third between neutral and ground.

The first two should always be on, the third always off.

You can by numerous versions of "Mains checker" devices very cheaply - it may be simpler to remove the components from one of those and fit them in your extension?

eg.

Dear all,
Good Day,
I wish to get simple electronic circuit in my extension board to incorporate so that when I plug in any device,its phase,neutral and ground wires connections are correct or wrong ,by LEDs mounted on extension board.
Thanks.
I don't think this is possible. Any such indication must be built into the device being plugged in.

This https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/prod...r-Coax-and-Ethernet-Protection-120V/P-P11VNT3 surge suppressor outlet strip has a "wired correctly" LED

Atfer my experience with an APC surge suppressor with the indicator, not this one, I'm hesitant to purchase their surge supressor products. They are plastic and they have a thermal fuse protecting the suppression devices. The tarnsient gets absorbed by the connected load.

That's plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…