Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple quiz game with right and wrong answer LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradley

I have made the basic version, where 10 questions are wired to 10 answers on a board, and a bulb/LED lights if a connection is made (right answer), or nothing happens for a wrong answer. The questions and correct answers are connected by strips of insulated aluminium foil. I want to wire this so that a green LED indicates a right answer, and a red LED a wrong one. I need to keep the circuit fairly simple. Would a CMOS chip do this job, or a simple transistor switch? Thanks for any ideas.

An "in my head" circuit:
A CD4017 counter driven by a fast LMC555 clock. The 10 outputs of the counter feeds 10 inverters, two CD4069s. The non-inverted output is the question. The inverted output is the answer. A probe is made of a red and green LEDs connected in anti-parallel, in series with a current limiting resistor. If the question end of the probe touches an inverter's input and the answer end of the probe touches the same inverter's output, the green light lights. Right answer! If the answer end of the probe touches any other inverter's output the red LED lights. Wrong answers!

I think! ;)

Ken

Forget the LMC555...just use the two extra inverters for the clock. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back