Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Test Circuit for IR6210 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemag79

Hi

Anyone create a simple test circuit just to show the device is working as expected for this device ?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

There are a lot of tests like over temperature shutdown and over current that can not be tested in a simple circuit.

Connect VCC to +12 volts. Connect the output to a 12V light bulb to ground. Add a LED and resistor on the DG pin.
Use a push button or a 555 timer on the input. The 555 timer could set to run at 1hz.

Hi Ron,, Cheers. I dont have a 55 timer, but i have loads of test equipment. Power supplies, Volt meters, scopes etc.

Hopefully what you have suggested will be enough without the 555 timer.

Hi Ron.
I have connected the circuit :
VCC 12V, VIN 5V.
Out connected to a Resistor 12Ohms to GND.
DG to 12OHMS to GND.

Measuring the voltage drop the resistors depending on if the Out it OPEN, SHORTED TO GND or NORMAL(as above)
I cant get the truth table to match up..
I know im doing something wrong just dont know what.

The Fourth Line on the truth tabel i cannot get to match: Vin 0v, Vcc 12V, Output OPEN( Not connected to GND) , all im getting is zero volts.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Ron.
VCC 12V, VIN 5V.
Out connected to a Resistor 12Ohms to GND.
DG to 12OHMS to GND.
Measuring the voltage drop the resistors depending on if the Out it OPEN, SHORTED TO GND or NORMAL(as above)
I cant get the truth table to match up..
The Fourth Line on the truth tabel i cannot get to match: Vin 0v, Vcc 12V, Output OPEN( Not connected to GND) , all im getting is zero volts.
VCC=12V good. Gnd=gound. good
Output to 12 ohms to ground. Good I would use a light bulb.
DG is a low current output. It only pulls down. It will not pull up. 30 volts max and 10mA max. I would use a LED and 2200 ohm resistor in series to 12V. The LED will light when DG is low (5mA). Remove the 12 ohms to GND.
Input connects to switch. Switch makes input go to ground or 12 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back