Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Element Ultrasonic Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not helping me. I don't need any help. I know it can't be done becasue I tried it over 12 months ago. And the circuit provided in posting #5 proved it cannot be done.
All you did was waste time going around in circles, proving nothing and not making it clear to the original poster that short distances cannot be detected.

Please, do me a favour and go away.!

I have tried to use single sensor for Tx and Rx. How to avoid or reduce the dark band caused by ringing. Pl help.

Also pl let me know what type of protective covering can be fixed on the sensor? All professional sensors has some white colour sheet on the sensor. What is this material.

For using seperate sensor for tx and rx can we get distance upto 10 mtrs?

thanks

Here's a nice product, I have a couple and they work great.
**broken link removed**
Pololu - Sonar Range Finders

Colin, you might have failed to make a single transducer ultrasonic ranger but anyone highly skilled in microcontrollers should be able to do it. You use a single fast ping, then actively damp the transducer, then control the gain and check the echo. The product above ranges accurately right down ZERO, they say even if it touches the front of the device it can be detected.

Shiriram-T, that covering is probably to allow them to be washed after soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back