Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single output equivalent of ULN2003A Darlington Transistor Array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

llrjt100

Hi,

I'm controlling the brightness of a group of LEDs with a ULN2003A by PWM'ing the common GND. I need seperate control over the volume of a piezo buzzer using a similar device but only need one output, rather than the seven provided by the ULN2003A - I would be very grateful for suggestions as to a suitable device.

Thanks,
Richard

llrjt100 said:
I need seperate control over the volume of a piezo buzzer using a similar device but only need one output, rather than the seven provided by the ULN2003A - I would be very grateful for suggestions as to a suitable device.

Use one NPN transistor with a base resistor.

If you prefer, you can also look inside the ULN2003a datasheet, reproduced here for your convenience.

Attachments

• uln2003a.png
    uln2003a.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 353
I hadn't thought to look inside the data sheet like that - cunning stuff!

Thanks for your help!
Richard

or, you could replace the ULN2003A with a ULN 2803A which has one more driver in it. everything else is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back