Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single transistor Oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

Hi,
Here i have a link to a web site which gave me some circuits of oscillators
do these single transistor oscillators even work ?

http://members.shaw.ca/roma/twenty-three.html (see at the bottom of page)

i tested them on LT spice , there they didnt worked

Hi,
Here i have a link to a web site which gave me some circuits of oscillators
do these single transistor oscillators even work ?

http://members.shaw.ca/roma/twenty-three.html (see at the bottom of page)

i tested them on LT spice , there they didnt worked

They work in the real world due to the inherent reverse breakdown voltage of the transistors reversed Base , Emitter

In LTSpice the reverse breakdown is not normally modelled.
There has been a recent Thread advising how to add this reverse breakdown,,, Search for the LTS thread

Did you mean the LT SPICE algorithm has an bug on this? I just recommended it to one of my the customer. Because I saw so many guys on this forum use it.

ok thanks eric , i intend to use my ltspice in its original form

Hi,

It's not LT Spice it's the usual model for a transistor that is sort of at fault. There is no mechanism for the emitter base reverse breakdown.

You should probably stay away from designs like that anyway though and go with a more conventional approach.

alright mr.ai :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back