Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal harmonic generator circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunaishus

I want to design an analog circuit for the same.I want to know whether in the PLL (and by introducing a divider between VCO and Phase comparator)
the output of VCO would be a sinusoid.Because as far as I know the output is square.I could use an integrator to generate triangular wave at the same frequency as the o/p of VCO.But how do I get a sine wave from the triangular one.

Kindly tell me whether the approach is correct.Also send me a circuit of the sine shaper (that I would probably use to convert triangular to sine).

Thanks

If the oscillator is a sinewave one, then it's output will still be a sinewave, the divided down frequency fed in to the phase detector will be a square wave though.

You don't really give enough details on what you are trying to achieve, I'm presuming it may be a local oscillator for a radio, or something like that - where you need to lock a higher frequency oscillator to a lower reference frequency?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back