Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sliding door help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicksydude

Now I know this may be a bit cheeky but I'm after creating a circuit and bits and bobs to control a small sliding door my idea is to open and close using a single button this door will be what prevents my mp3 player falling out of a custom holder in my car i'm after a control circuit or just to band around some ideas any help would be great my mp3 player is about an Ipod size.

a couple of cogs and a small motor would give you a nice smooth open/close, all you need to do is control the motor and it's limits

You could modify an old CD-ROM drive door mechanism to do this.

:) :) All great input guys thx but what I probably should have added is That although I can build I am big granny pants at design I do think that the simpler the circuit the better so the solenoid or the CD drive would be great idea's (of course the cd drive being an evolution of cogs and gears.

I have tried to modify a CD drive before but once I stripped it and put it in sittue I couldn't get it to open and close!!! so any digrams or more help would be great.
Keep up the good work peeps
:) :)

If space permits, you could use a motor/piston assembly used for car central locking, all you need to do is control the speed...most of them already have limit switches built in, so you would need to control it's direction of travel also.
A simple pivot point for the piston to sit on, and a pivot point on the door should be all that's needed to get you going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back