small high sensitivity directional mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner Wan

gud day sir/mam,

im having a problem on where can i get/buy a high sensitive directional microphone that is as small as an MP3 player headset and can be placed on your ear.. anyone who have some idea? i need your help sir/mam.. thanks in advance!!!

Hello there,
I'm a "self certified" sound donkey amongst other things, and on the occasions when we need to record or pick up a certain sound source we use Sennheiser Shotguns, much like **broken link removed**.
This satisfies your directional requirement, but they can't exactly be "placed on your ear" (Unless you want to hang it from your ear with 50Lb fishing line...)

I guess you're trying to implement a form of "spying" system or an inconspicuous conference recorder... The thing is you don't really get directional and small in one.
See here, for one example of an in ear mic. In ear, but not directional.

That's my 2 cents... Unless I'm missing something completely here.

tnx for the idea sir erosennin.. actually.. im searching for a small directional mic for a long time and i cant find something that can fit a human's ear.. if there's no directional mic that can fit an ear.. anyone who has an idea on what kind of mic i can use where i can fit a human ear to detect a human's breathing...please help me... hope you can understand what im trying to say..again.. thank you so much!

Well I'm definately stumped on that one... You could clip a lapel to their nose, but that's not what you asked for...

hhhmmmm... sorry sir,but im working on a sleep apnea monitoring device... almost all of the same device uses a sensor that is placed on a human's nose.. this time,i want to detect the breathing in the ear.. its for the user's comfort.. the previous study about this project stablished that human's breathing can be detected in the ear,that's why im looking for a mic that can be placed on my ears... a mic which has high sensitivity and if can,a directional one.. if there's no directional mic that can be placed on an ear,hope someone can give me an idea on what mic i can use for this project.. again sir erosennin thank you!! and to those who have some ideas.. thank you in advance!! i need your help!!

There are tie clip microphones that are small and have a cardioid fairly directional characteristic.
Because they are small they are directional only at high frequencies.

tnx sir.. do you think i can use that said mic for detecting a human's breathing? can you help me sir to find the microphone that you are suggesting? tnx sir...

sir/mam,
in the scenario that i can only use an electret condenser for detecting a human's breathing.. what circuit can you suggest to me for the microcontroller to read the sound that the mic received.. because we also need to monitor the breathing patern and plot it using the computer.. again.. thanks for the ideas....

You need a preamp for an electret microphone. There are hundreds of simmilar circuits on the web.

Since you are detecting low level sounds then you will also detect airplanes, cars and trucks driving by (motorcycles!) and dogs barking.

sir audioguru... wat do you think i can do so that i can only pick-up the sound that i want to get?sir... i need your help....tnx...

A microphone picks up sounds.
What sound is made by a person who is sleeping? Snoring?
A microphone might not hear a person breathing when they sleep.

To block sounds that are outside then the patient must sleep in a sound-proofed room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…