Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small LED light tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

rienoh

Hi guys,

New here and looks good :D

Straight up ill let you know I have no idea about this stuff but I am wanting to learn how to build a small led circuit. I want to build it as small as possible with as few components as possible. I bought some LEDs and they light up for a second on a 9v battery and then blow ( I think ). Do I need to put a resistor in this circuit?

Also can I get a bright LED to run on 1 AAA or AA? (with a runtime of more than 10 hours)

Im basically wanting to make a small cheap setup to silicone into a piece of clear hose to act as a marker.

Thanks

You need a resistor!
What is the forward voltage on your LEDs? Do you have a data sheet? What part number?
A 1.5V battery will not light a 1.5V LED for long?

10 hours? That depends on what current in the LEDs and how big the battery.

You need a resistor!
What is the forward voltage on your LEDs? Do you have a data sheet? What part number?
A 1.5V battery will not light a 1.5V LED for long?

10 hours? That depends on what current in the LEDs and how big the battery.

Thanks for the reply,

I have no idea what I have.

If I was to build one using a flashing LED module on a 9v battery with a resistor would this work and run for a while?

I want it to be reasonably bright with a flash per second or so?

Achievable?

Thanks

Look at LED throwies.
A CR2032 button cell and LED direct across it. The internal resistance of the button cell will keep the led current under 10 mA.
It should lit the LED for about 10 hours.

Or build a Joule Thief. Google for it. simple to build and will work with 1 AA cell for many hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back