Small music player. (Hallmark Greeting Card).. One Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S10Xtreme69

Hey guys, I am building a little frame with pictures for my girlfriend, and I got the idea of having a little music on it as well.

Hallmark has these greeting cards that will play parts of different songs, but I can't find the perfect song. How can I make something like that with my own song, or is there something out there that is that small that I can do that with?
I already have 1" 8ohm .25watt speakers.

I only have a week to get this completed for her birthday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

You can buy a picture frame with a recorder/playback circuit already in it.
Use it to record the music you want it to play. It sounds pretty bad but is a lot better that the beeps from a greeting card.
Why re-invent the wheel?

Bah, if only I could remember the name of it. Theres an IC manufacturer that develops specialized ICs that support recording of anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 minutes. The 10 second ones are around 3 dollars per IC and the 16 minute ones are around 13 dollars. It supports addressing, recording, and output and requires minimal components. I set up one this past week with a 386 that is pretty loud and surprisingly good quality for what it is. I'll edit this post if I can find the name of it..

EDIT: Here it is, https://www.winbond-usa.com/en/content/view/36/140/ You can purchase them on a site like digikey.

Last edited:
If you know what you're doing and have the parts you need on hand then a week might be possible. How do you plan on entering the notes into the chip?

just get on your knees and sing the song to her.... that's what they want in the end anyway .... a male that's beneath them!

Stores that sell scrapbooking supplies often will have small modules as you describe, similar to those in greeting cards and into which you can record your own material. If you have no scrapbooking stores in your area, hit the Internet for them and zero down your search to the item once you find an on-line store.

Dean

i would go with the preassembled chinese crap recorders, they're cheap, you can reuse them, and once they break just chunk em.

audioguru said:
I think he want it to play music, not a bunch of beeps.

Music is a matter of perception...

If people can call 'rap' music, strangled-cats or piezo-beeps would probably be close enough...

Get a cheap MP3 player, and a small speaker and build a switch so when she opens the card it sounds. It could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…