small tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynem

i am interested in building a small tracking device i would like to have a small nano type chip or a metal strip[ that would release on impact] to attach to a device and be able to track it maybe up to 1 mile or so. this strip or nano chip would need to withstand speeds of 800 fps and also rain or moisture i am needing some info to continue my search would anyone be able to help with some technical info ?

tracking device

i posted last night about a small tracking device this device would need to be able to be tracked at one quarter of a mile or less it would need to be water proof or moisture proof and resistant to cold weather conditions it would also need to withstand impact. i would like to be able to track it with a dog tracking device or something similar that is compact and easy to carry . does anyone have any ideas? i was told that a small nano type chip could not be tracked from a long distance!! so therefore i would be ok with shorter distances . please reply if anyone has a scenario to fit this request

How would you power it? A nano battery? I have never seen one.

Thanks for your reply I am not sure how to power it I'm not rely tech but I thought it would work like a dog tracking device I guess the chip would have to be a battery type which would stay with the animal then be able to track it from a distance even 5-6 hundred yards would be good I'm searching for info from anyone like yourself that could head me in right direction. Also this chip neede to be very light maybe 1 grain or so

Dog chips need to be read from up close. The reader powers the chip to be read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…