Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small transformer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

samseed

hello, I have a small transformer,its has the specs sticker missing from the top.is it possible to find out the specs.and where could i find a simmilar 1.any help appreciated.cheers..sam

Last edited:
I see only 2 wires. Then it is a choke, not a transformer.
There are millions of things that look like this but they are all different.

I see only 2 wires. Then it is a choke, not a transformer.
There are millions of things that look like this but they are all different.

ok, i thought it was a transformer.thanks for clearing that up..any idea where i could find 1 simmlar ...cheers...sam

ok, i thought it was a transformer.thanks for clearing that up..any idea where i could find 1 simmlar ...cheers...sam
A choke has inductance that can be measured. It also has a small resistance and a max current rating.

I can't think of any circuit that needs a choke. About 45 years ago I had a vacuum tubes amplifier that used a choke in its power supply.

Last edited:
Chokes are still widely used today. Power companies use them to filter out harmonics and power factor correction - they are huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back