Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small wireless link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Anyone know of a small wireless IC / module that has a range of a few meters, can be FM/AM/Bluetooth anything as long as its small. ideally a few mm

Thanks

Steve

To echo arunb...what do you mean by a "few mm"...3mm...10mm?
Also, what power will you have available?
What are you driving with the receiver?

Ken

For such a short range, you might consider RFID.

rezer, Kmoffett

KMoffett, as small as possible, board is 43X31 and I have whole underside to use but very little depth <3mm

Rezer, can you use RFID as a data link? thought it was just a unique ID you for back a request?

Thx all

Scarr, what about datarate? What is this being used for? Digital? audio?

I would consider the the nordic 24L01. Sparkfun.com sell small modules (2cm x 2cm) with a chip antenna that give a 'usable' datarate of up to 250kb/s...but if you're just sending the odd packet then it might be overkill. That said, its only 20USD. Would require configuring with a micro though for channel selection etc..

ALL depends on your application.

Blueteeth

KMoffett, as small as possible, board is 43X31 and I have whole underside to use but very little depth <3mm

Rezer, can you use RFID as a data link? thought it was just a unique ID you for back a request?

Thx all

Correct, RFID is primarily used for remote access. It usually sends just a code when the tranceiver is close enough but you did not say exactly what you wanted to do. For a data link, this would not be a suitable choice if your wanting two-way communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back