So I want lights inside my vehicle like TRON

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdee

I want to line the inside of my car with these strip light LED's and want the light to be variable and connected to the frequency of whatever music is playing on the stereo. I don't even know what type of device would make this happen but I am sure it would just be something that hooks from the stereo to the lights. Any help getting pointed int he right direction would be much appreciated.

Hi willdee, welcome to ETO!

I just want to clarify something--you don't plan to run these lights during normal driving, do you? I think that would be against the law, at least in the US and probably UK, due to the fact that it would be very distracting to other drivers. However, if you plan to only light your car at a show or something, when you won't be driving, you should be okay. I recommend you read up on your state/country's laws before going any further, okay?

Best wishes, and good luck!
Der Strom

P.S. You might find this site useful

Last edited:
Commercially available decorative lights are legal because they are always on or off. They are not blinking with music.
I think my brake lights blink with the music because my foot also does.

A "colour organ" circuit blinks some LEDs with low frequencies, blinks some LEDs with midrange frequencies and blinks some LEDs with high frequencies. The LEDs dim or do not light when the volume is turned down on the stereo unless the colour organ circuit is fed from a line level signal that does not change its level with the volume control.

My ABS is triggered when I brake hard when driving on ice. But we don't get much ice anymore.
I don't think my brake lights flicker when the ABS is triggered. It would confuse a little old lady driving behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…