Soil resistance meter/tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicwendz

hello:

im a newbie in here. anyone know any stuff on soil resistance tester.
. it' s quite rare to find resources and i don't have the first step. if anyone have a diagram of something it would gladly help. thanks.

civ

You might try researching soil conductivity - conductance being the reciprocal of resistance. A quick google suggests that it's quite the complex property.

Electricians use fixtures and test equipment to measure and evaluate electrical grounding systems - which must be related to the resistance of the soil. I googled on "ground resistance testing" and the first hit (LEM Instruments) has a nice explanation of that process.

ground testing...

Somehow, there is somekind of relationship between PH of a material and its resistivity or conductance. The google results are of soil testing are of electromagnetic principle type. Does the ph testing principle can be used for testing ground resistance?

Google on "ground resistance testing" and see if that helps.

Certainly pH and conductivity are related but they are not the same thing.

What are you trying to do?

Why do you want to know?

Is this related to earthing of an electrical system?

Refer to the legislation in your area.

meter/tester

I'm planning to build a soil resistance meter/tester based on soil ph. anybody had a working circuit schematics of a digital ph meter and simply how it works? maybe i maybe able to do something to do about the idea.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
PH is a measurement of acid or alkaline. Soil could easily have a neutral PH but be very conductive due to dissolved salts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…