Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar vs human powered

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkelly-lord

Hi guys,

currently designing my own renewable energy charger to charge USB devices. Instead of going for a crazy source of energy i'm limiting myself to what is doable in a short time scale. So its down to one question.

SOLAR or HUMAN POWERED (probably some form of wind-up)

From what i've found small solar cells arent very efficient (and are more expensive) so am edging more towards - a novel approach to a human powered device. However you probably know more than me on the matter, hence me posting a thread.

Would love to hear your point of view on the topic. Electronics is still very new to me so any input would be great. Thanks guys!

Tom

You might Google "human powered radio" or "human powered flashlight" for some info.

In general charging a battery by hand can be a very lengthy and tedious process, especially if the battery has significant capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back