Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solder Paste at 200X

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Just for fun I kicked the QX3 up to 200X while looking at a PCB with solder paste on it. I found it interesting. Maybe you will too. Or not.

Attachments

• PASTE_200X.jpg
    PASTE_200X.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 685
Interesting stuff. Are you baking your PCBs in a toaster oven?

I am using a fry pan as suggested by SparkFun. But instead of an electric fry pan I am using a thrift store Teflon pan on the gas kitchen range.

Some day I would like to build the toster over along with an etching tank... but for now the process works. The solder paste stencil cutting is doing well. Now if only I could plate holes.

3v0

Nifty keen. I have got to try this. Did you cut the stencil yourself or buy one online?

I cut the stencil using a CRICUT scrapbook cutter. I figured out how to in this thread.

I have switched from a laminator pouch to a overhead transparency to get a thicker paste layer. It took 4 passes on medium pressure and speed to cut a clean stencil.

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back