Some help with starting my first real PIC project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got some other chips in mail today. thanks to a fourm member:} Would PIC16F877A be better suited ? I also have Pic16f1937

just a quick answer ? please

So... nobody with a Quick Answer ? the pic16f877a or the pic18f4580 that I have been drawing. Im thinking the 4580 as it has more memory. It is a E/P chip. but the 877a has more code out there it looks like.
Thanks
Greg

Stick with the 18 chip as it has an internal oscillator which means you can eliminate one reason for nothing happening.

Make sure you add some LEDs for debugging purposes.

On the basis that a GLCD requires about 200 times more code than a text LCD, you haven't programmed before and you will have untested hardware, this is going to be an extremely high (if not impossible) learning curve.

Mike.

Well Nothing is impossible. Well my spelling maybe. LOL Ok well i have the oscillator off the board the GLCD was attatched to. And I do grasp alot of how this works. The Coding is something I know will take time but I have no intention of trying to make a liveing coding.. Now maybe make a few things and sell is one thing. Sit down and code for a Living.. Never ... I dont have that much time left on earth to learn all there is to coding :} Im hoping i just learn enough that I can make a few things and see if I enjoy this stuff. and go from there.Time will tell.
Thanks for the help Mike
Greg

Will this work ?

Well not sure if this will work or not.. but tinycad has no errors ?

Attachments

• HelloworldFromHOMMERSIMPSON4.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I would definitely add some LEDs for debugging purposes. You will need them.

Mike.

Yes I fixed that. Had a goof on last picture.. And I Ment to ask you what pins would be best for debug leds ? stay off port B ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…