Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound to digital pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

musthave

Hi here is a project I built a long time ago to have a chaser respond to the beat of music trough a microphone I used a lm386 amp and a 555 timer for the pulse to trigger the clock of a 74193 and or 4017 it works but when the music play to loud it just goes crazy can lower the input of the mike or the output of the lm386. So the question is can you share a fix or a replacement circuit to do what I want to do .
Here the circuit .

Attachments

• ampdigi.jpg
    ampdigi.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 173
Your microphone volume control doesn't do anything. It should be at the input of the LM386 with the disconnected end connected to ground. Then you will be able to reduce the input all the way down to zero.

You could make an automatic volume control using a FET like is used on a Wien Bridge Oscillator but the LM386 doesn't like its gain reduced below 9.

Attachments

• ampdigi.PNG
    ampdigi.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back