Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice settings for Fourier Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileT

I am goin to simulate an oscillator and i want to verify if the first armonic is at the right frequency...
If i want to have a resolution in frequency near 100hz for example is it right to set the end time of the transient simulation at 4*pi/(2*pi*100) considering the FFT as the convolution of a FT of a sine with the FT of a rectangular window?

I considered only the main lobe, so its amplitude is w=4pi/T for a rectangular window, and i wrote Min_res = w=4pi/T to obtain the above equation...
is it correct?

Last edited:
Spice's Fourier Analysis is useful for measuring harmonic distortion; it in not very useful for measuring the fundamental frequency of an oscillator. Why don't you do a .TRAN analysis long enough for the oscillator to reach steady-state, and just measure the period (time) of the oscillation? F=1/Period

Spice's Fourier Analysis is useful for measuring harmonic distortion; it in not very useful for measuring the fundamental frequency of an oscillator. Why don't you do a .TRAN analysis long enough for the oscillator to reach steady-state, and just measure the period (time) of the oscillation? F=1/Period

Maybe i was not so clear... I am talking about the Fourier Tansform of the transient output; i simulate with .TRAN and i calculate the FT with the FFT option...
I am not sure of that: if i set the end time of transient simulation at T=4*pi/(2*pi*delta(f)) and do the FFT is it true that the resolution in frequency is delta(f) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back