Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stealing Code!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys i know this isnt the best thing to do but its not like im reselling or anything. I want to buy this:

**broken link removed**

I have that printer and i want to be able to refill with no issues. Now i seen it has a PIC12F on board. You think its possible to RIP off a HEX from there and mod it? Like find some way to mod it or just clone it so i can reflash the pic with it when next refill?

nope nope nope I have tried to read some chips from things like that there locked you end up killing the chip

heh ok cool saves me $5

I hear my printer doent need it tho. It will just complain but will print anyway. Im sure quality should be a huge issue. If you use the best settings on your printer. Ill give it a test. Since its $7 for the toner.

I rather waste $7 on a test than purchase $70 new toner from HP.

I've only bought on refilled toner cartridge, worked great on paper, lasted a very long time, but was useless for PCB, lots of pits and holes. Tried heaviest setting, and thickest card stock, still no go. My guess is that cheap toner, is just that. It's great for offices, where it's only paper, and high volume. I'll stick with the $70 cartridges, since it takes a while to use up.

since i had my printer for about 4 months i still have toner heh . I only print PCB stuff like art work. No paper really. But you made me think now. I can buy this cheap toner refill and start printing nice large things like datasheets for smaller ICs like DACs and RTCs and stuff. I will use the refilled toner for datasheets since its cheap.

Ill consider buying some Retail toner for PCB use then. 1,500 pages in PCB artwork is more like 3000-4000 prints since its so little used. My boards rarely get bigger than 4" x 4" and a sheet on paper is 8" 1/2 x 11" so considering the long lasting $70 isnt too much for the quality i receive.

Thanks guys. I will still test out a simple SOIC to DIP when i get the toner just for fun. Nothing to lose really. if its bad then i just wasted $0.10 worth of toner heh.

Thanks Again. Gotta say this also.... im glad i found this forum. i learned so much its crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back