Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm a track with 228 sleepers thats a long track

hi TC,

Depending upon which PIC you choose, its a good idea to look at the 'template' files in the MPLAB directory on your hard drive.
Assuming you are using the MPLAB IDE Vx, free from microchip.

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code

Make a copy of the parts of the PIC file type that you use, enter all the CONFIG and includes etc and make yourself a 'Header.asm' file.
Use this header file as the starting point for all your program writing, just tweak the CONFIG to suit the different applications you may work on.

hi TC,

Depending upon which PIC you choose, its a good idea to look at the 'template' files in the MPLAB directory on your hard drive.
Assuming you are using the MPLAB IDE Vx, free from microchip.

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code

Make a copy of the parts of the PIC file type that you use, enter all the CONFIG and includes etc and make yourself a 'Header.asm' file.
Use this header file as the starting point for all your program writing, just tweak the CONFIG to suit the different applications you may work on.

thats basically what I want to do having figured out how to configure it for what i want I'm using the 18F88 unless I'm running one of nigels tutorials I have some 16F628's for that but I prefer the 16F88 as they seem to be no more trouble to program and have more stuff on them plus i have plenty of samples now

Last edited:
thats basically what I want to do having figured out how to configure it for what i want I'm using the 18F88 unless I'm running one of nigels tutorials I have some 16F628's for that but I prefer the 16F88 as they seem to be no more trouble to program and have more stuff on them plus i have plenty of samples now

The 16F88 is no problem, it's basically a higher featured version of the 16F628 - you just need to read the datasheet and turn off the extra features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back