Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepping up DC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I have a 5V supply, i want to get an 5.7V/ 6V out of it!
and i cant use a amplifier because the only voltage i get nearby it is 5V.
Though seems to be something like foolish, thats what i need to do.

Application: Want to charge a mobile rated to 5.7V supply voltage;
if 5V volts does the job, then i want to know whether the above this is possible?
Like if i use a ossilator and again a rectifier?

but how will it work; i required 5.7/6 V ; what should i do then? IC7806?
If you want an accurate voltage, get an old car-phone-charger. It has a chip that will convert 5v to any voltage you want. Just adjust 1 or 2 resistors. It has a chip and an inductor and will do waht you want. They cost about $3.00

If you want an accurate voltage, get an old car-phone-charger. It has a chip that will convert 5v to any voltage you want. Just adjust 1 or 2 resistors. It has a chip and an inductor and will do waht you want. They cost about $3.00

Ok may i know the chip-IC no. ?

how does the your 555 circuit work; Can i get any link for it
i required 5.7/6 V ;IC7806?
Can't i vary the resistor, capacitor value and get the suitable output?
My ques is: My gadget is to be charged with 5.7V and 500mA
What if i charge with 5.7 and 350 mA/ something with other output current ?
I feel it doesn't affect
Can the charger be charged from 5V supply?
As it is near to 5.7V

A voltage divider network needs to know the current being drawn before you can start determining the resistor values.

Thanks for continous help, please cofirm if we go for 15 AMP DC. and what would be design of circuit to get it down to 36 volt DC from 48 VOLTS.

qamarbukhari,

A resistive voltage divider is totally unpractical at your current requirements. Even a linear regulator would produce (48-36)*15= 180W of heat. This would require a huge heatsink.

This is a job for a SMPS buck converter with an overall efficiency of ~85% which would reduce the power dissipation to about 30W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back