Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stop watch, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im currently working on a project with Pic 16f877, simulating a stopwatch with 3 seven seg display. 1 shows munite, and other 2 show 00->59 secs.
Can someone give me a sample code for it? I just need a counter of TMR1 and update the display every 1 sec. No buttons.
I will be so grateful for any replies.
Newbie 911

911 said:
Im currently working on a project with Pic 16f877, simulating a stopwatch with 3 seven seg display. 1 shows munite, and other 2 show 00->59 secs.
Can someone give me a sample code for it? I just need a counter of TMR1 and update the display every 1 sec. No buttons.
I will be so grateful for any replies.
Newbie 911

Use timer2, it's a lot easier - I'm currently playing with timer2 running a clock - displaying hours, minutes, seconds, and hundredths on an LCD module. I'll probably be adding it as a tutorial later this year - from what I've got so far it would be extremely simple to add stopwatch facilities, and I'll be doing so as part of the tutorial.

Oh Nigel, I visited you web tutorial. It is greatly helpful. If you dont minde, is it possible to give me some hints / sample code? :p

911 said:
Oh Nigel, I visited you web tutorial. It is greatly helpful. If you dont minde, is it possible to give me some hints / sample code? :p

Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send you my existing code when I get home - what clock frequency are you using?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back