Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strips/gloves to measure bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfsk

Hi all. Im doing a project which requires to measure whether a person has bent his finger beyond a certain fixed angle or not. Iam looking for gloves or strips which can do the job. For eg. I need to know if the person has bent his finger 90 deg. or more. I do not require the exact angle. Ive heard of peizoresistive strips whose resistance changes with the bending of finger. However I am finding it hard to come across such products. Could u plz help on this and let me know where I can find such products.

Thnx a lot.

Jamceo (US) sells them(resistive flex sensors) at a ridiculous price of $10 each. These ones are just plastic film with some carbon painted onto them.

Digikey sells some piezo "flaps" that you might be able to jerry-rig into a flex sensor. They're listed as vibration/touch sensors, and might require some analog electronics to deal with them reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back