Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stunner, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighterdion

Yo guys,

I wanna make a kinda stunner, but i dont know how:confused:
Can someone help me with making a stunner, it supposed to give someon a shock, but not too hard that he die:p only a little shock, auch, and done. THX!

Dion

Use the little sparking piezo thing from a lighter.

Or you could connect a relay's coil to a 9V battery and when the battery is disconnected the coil produces a few hundred volts for a moment.

audioguru said:
Use the little sparking piezo thing from a lighter.

Or you could connect a relay's coil to a 9V battery and when the battery is disconnected the coil produces a few hundred volts for a moment.

im kinda newbie in technology (wtf is a coil?!?!?) please explain simpler

fighterdion said:
im kinda newbie in technology (wtf is a coil?!?!?) please explain simpler

A coil is a coil of wire that is located inside the body of a relay. When current flows through this coil, a magnetic field is produced that moves the armature. This is one of many types of relays that exist. Spend some time on google or wikipedia if you want to learn more about it.

When I google for stun gun schematic, there are LOTS of hits. Why don't you spend some time trying to understand what it is you are asking for then come back and post questions.

Some how I don't think this is great first project idea... Shocking you friends, will turn them away (it's not so funny to be the one getting shocked). Shocking people you don't know or like, will most likely end badly for you, eventually...

If you don't know much about electronics to begin with, how will you know what is reasonably safe, and what is potentially deadly? You wouldn't want to shock somebody with a pacemaker (not something most people brag about, and yes I've known of two teenaged boys with them).

If you don't know the basics of components and electricity, you might wind up shocking yourself more often, then your intended victim. Which, of course would be quite humorous.

On this forum (use the search tab at the top of the page) there are two very long running threads. One is 'Simplest Shocker', the other is 'Stun gun', both cover this topic very thoroughly, with many ideas and examples. It should spell it out very clearly...

Optikon said:
A coil is a coil of wire that is located inside the body of a relay. When current flows through this coil, a magnetic field is produced that moves the armature. This is one of many types of relays that exist. Spend some time on google or wikipedia if you want to learn more about it.

When I google for stun gun schematic, there are LOTS of hits. Why don't you spend some time trying to understand what it is you are asking for then come back and post questions.

Thanks but still, (i dont know much about) i dont know how and why relaises are for... :( btw, first if i gonna try it, i first ask my tech teacher if this stunner is safe (im not as dumb as trying a untested stunner on someone, mabey it will kill him, or me!) but still thanks for the tips and lessons :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back