Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for connecting with "Project Completers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

miranker

Folks,

I have a couple of projects which are defined up to reasonably detailed circuits. I am looking for someone to check/finish/improve the circuit-design, and do PCB design.
I am happy to take care of getting prototypes made - - -

Attached is one of these projects. It is to build a "universal" B-Battery eliminator for battery powered vacuum tube radio sets (~1920-1935). The idea is to use this in sets that have batteries inside the radio (so a large external box will is not really satisfactory). This circuit, plus 3 LiPo rechargebles should do the trick and fit anywhere.

Suggestions?

GSM

Attachments

• 3581f B+ HEXR.jpg
    3581f B+ HEXR.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 189
Is there really that much call for a B-Battery eliminator. I would think that a ac llines powered unit would be more useful. Most people who have antique radios that were battery operated, and still want them ton work have already converted them over to mains power.

Don't Forget Portables

There were portable, tube battery powered sets and at least one collector (me) would like to install batteries that internally.

gsm

A chain of voltage doublers isn't really efficient... why not use a type of switcher more suited to this (like a flyback, or even a simple inverter-style transformer) ?

A chain of voltage doublers isn't really efficient... why not use a type of switcher more suited to this (like a flyback, or even a simple inverter-style transformer) ?

Yes, such converters have been commercially available at various times in the past, using switchmode transformer type supplies, normally constructed in the footprint of the original battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back