Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpdcid

I have a hidden camera installed in an office to catch sleeping employees, however, the camera does'nt have the greatest lux rating. When the employee turns the light off, it is to dark to see anything. My question is has anyone wired an IR light into an existing light that turns on when the light turns off? I am hoping to have the office lit when the employee turns off the light, and when they turn it back on, the IR light will turn off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that's not legal. (??)

How can you expect employees to enjoy there work if there boss is spying on them and breathing down their necks?

Remove the off option in the light switch.
Sounds like luxury to me, I haven't had any sleep at work today! :mad:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Easy to do, but I wouldn't help you spy on your employees!.
Shops, pubs and clubs do that all the time, cameras above tills are very common.

Put the office lights on PIR detectors. Not only will your employees have no choice, but you save some electricty on lighting empty offices. All but the slackers will think the automatic lights are a useful upgrade...

Buy a FINGER PRINT Reader & connect it to your office computer.

Make a SCHEDULE that every night hour all the employees must scan their fingers into that.

After a GOOD NIGHT sleep you go to office & check the computers finger print LOG. So you can detect the ones that already slept.

This is cheaper than increasing the salary of poor employees.

just stick some IR led's on the top:D

I've heard stories about photocopiers using finger print recognition but I don't know if I believe them. I suppose it stops people from photo copying their bottoms.

many businesses employ minimum CPS or mouse mileage monitoring software, to keep their call center workers busy. the software is quite intelligent, it can easily detect if they're just typing garbage, or spinning the mouse around randomly or in circles.

I'm sure a computer geek could easilly hack into it and forge the logs generated by it.

I would be interested to see if I could build a PIC based keyboard emulator that I just plug into the keyboad socket and get it to type out the contents of the English dictionary or Bible to see if it'd fool the software.

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to work anywhere like that, I suppose I can accept a security camera on the till but monitoring their every keypress is going too far.

Things like this come and go with the state of the economy. Just like compulsory drug testing and psychological screening are becoming the norm at most places of employment here in the States... the employee doesn't have much choice - during times of recession and rampant unemployment, you have to accept the employers rules or go without a job.

When the public gets fed up enough and stops the insanity that is the right wing new world order, unemployment will drop and employers will have to be more accepting of their employment candidates or risk being overrun by a competitor with a larger staff.

If you sent all your illegals home(10 million at last count) there would be full employment, bosses desperate for anyone to do the jog, wages go up, conditions go up, housing prices go down(10 million leaving)

People caught sleeping where I work or immediately fired on the spot. It's a huge safety hazard. It's a huge, fast pace warehouse. But for any work place, what if there is a fire or some other emergency? Somebody has to waste time finding and waking up these people.
We are by no means over-staffed (anybody looking for a job? Pass a drug test?), one person slacking off, means a lot more work for the rest of us. Only takes three employees off on the same day to create overtime for the rest of us in my department.

I don't know how things work in an office, my people skills are to weak to consider such a job. Don't think I could understand how clicking a mouse button would be physically exhausting...

Super_voip said:
If you sent all your illegals home(10 million at last count) there would be full employment, bosses desperate for anyone to do the jog, wages go up, conditions go up, housing prices go down(10 million leaving)

begin liberal ranting:
That point of view is just a product of the new world order's brainwashing ... blame the immigrant workers for the fact Americans can't get a job. It's far more convenient to have a scape goat rather than blame ourselves.

During the Clinton administration we had immigrant workers, but every American that wanted a job could have one - unemployment was record low, corporate revenues were record high, the national debt was actually in a surplus. The problem is, the wrong people were making money - the middle class was building real wealth, and intruding in a way of life once reserved exclusively for the "right people".

Then we had a change at the helm, and the bubble as "they" called it burst. Since then, the "right people" have been working hard to widen the divide between the middle and the top. As soon as the public began to notice things were getting worse, the news media starts spinning the "truth" - H1B visas are taking up all our medical and technical jobs, there just aren't enough educated Americans to fill these positions! When the public became wary of that excuse, we had another "bubble" burst - a couple of buildings representing Americans capitalist imperialist attitude were leveled in a matter of hours. The public was quick to hand over all our civil rights in exchange for the perception of "security". Years go by, the public has hardened against "terror", that excuse is starting to wear thin. The new enemy is the "illegal immigrant", with the war cry "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!"

Anyone that believes terrorists or immigrants, legal or otherwise, are the cause of our problems today, has their head firmly planted up their a**, right where the "right people" would prefer you to keep it. Hopefully the public will come up for air in 2008, pulling their heads out just long enough to turn things around.

most of the illegal immigrants do day labor and agricultral work, so they can dodge the paperwork and documentation. The kinds of jobs most people take up between regular jobs or extra income, and sometimes to evade the tax-man and ex-wife... Anyway, most jobs requiring a social security number are uneffected by the illegals. These laborers usually help the economy, since their employers aren't paying taxes and benefits, they tend to keep prices low and quality high, as they don't need somebody poking around their business. Most illegals make pretty good neighbors, they avoid drawing attention to theirselves.

My concern is how easy it is for them to cross our borders, and a fair portion aren't just looking for work. The ones that smuggle drugs and weapons, the ones from who knows what country. The best solution would be to increase the number of work visas issued, so we have a better idea who is coming. And deal with the fence jumpers much more harshly, maybe exile them to Canada or some place. I believe the politian's salary should be competitive with the average middle class income, benefits too. This way it would be in their best interest to improve the economic situation of the masses.

OK, am I the only one that wonders if the office lights are off, who's actually going to be working??? It seems to me that if you can't see them, they ain't working.

Hey, I sleep on the job all the time, two to three times a week. It's called a nap =) 20 minutes during lunch when I'm able to scarf down some food during my regular work. From all the studies I've read it increases productivity pretty much down the line, though it's no excuse to people out partying to late at night or those working a second job, that's just plain laziness.. There's a big difference between nap and 'sleep'

Some people sleep when they are standing like some ELEPHANTS & some people sleeping without closing their eyes like some FISH. So very hard to catch. Unless you take some Physical Signature or scanning method something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back