Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tactile Switch with two pins (not four)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom24

Hi All
I have an old guitar effects pedal, the Zoom 8080, which I love.

However, some of the switches on the circuit board inside it need replacing.

I can't find anywhere that sells them in the UK - any ideas?

They are very similar to this, but they have only two pins, not four.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for any help
Mark

Most tactile switches with 4 pins have two pairs that are common sets of two. Meaning two pins and two pins are the same. I hope that makes sense. **broken link removed** in their PTS series makes dual pin and also **broken link removed** has them in dual pin configurations. You may want to check the dimentions in the .pdf links.

Ron

Ron

Thanks for the reply. It has to be two-pin because that is the way the PCB board holes are.

I'll have to re-check the dimensions, but I think it is 6x6mm I need.

The point that was supposed to have been made was that since the pins of the 4-pin version are duplicated, and the switch is otherwise the proper physical size, cut off two of the pins.

I would bend the spare pins out and epoxy the spare side to the PCB for mechanical support.

Hi Custom24,

I guess I have what you're looking for.

Those switches have two pins.

Length: 6mm, width 3.5mm, height (without button) 3.5mm, total height 4.0mm, stroke 0.25mm.

I have several hundreds of them and getting new ones is no problem here.

I'll PM you my email address and if you want to use those please reply leaving your postal address and the number of buttons you need.

I'll send the required buttons on Monday in a letter envelope. No cost involved for you.

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• PB-V.jpg
    PB-V.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 219
  • PB-H.jpg
    PB-H.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Hi Custom24,
Sorry for reviving an old thread. Hope you're still there! I also have a Zoom 8080, and just took it back out after years in storage. However 2 of the foot-switches don't work (bank changes). I'm wondering if you were able to remove the PCBs, and if so, how?

See this thread on reddit here- I can't seem to remove and I'm afraid of breaking.

Appreciate any help if you can :)

Cheers.

Sorry for reviving an old thread. Hope you're still there!
Doubt it... 9 years ago.. never been seen since... Post a new thread in the parts forum.

I have locked this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back