Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TDA2030 STEERO OR mono 200w or (100w +100w )

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa_gordy

Hi everyone
my answer is :
possible to replace pairs Drlingtons (BDX54C &BDX53C) WITH tip36 and 2n3055 with very low Hfe prameter and ...... in this circuit
?????
nice day ......

I want 100w+100w Streeo setup or 200w bridge so what is transistors ?
what is circuit revision (semiconductors - resistors - Capacitors and ....)

The claimed output is pretty fictional anyway :D

Output is actually dependent on the supply voltages, if the supply rails are the same changing the transistor types won't particularly affect the output levels.
ok
but
higher Hfe in Darlington Transistor = Higher Collector current=>Higher power output
(is it correct ?)

I answered you on the other website.
You must learn about the basics of electronics and show your foreign amplifier article to people who can understand its Spanish language.

Power is voltage times current. The speaker resistance is fixed which limits the current. You cannot increase the current unless you increase the voltage.
But your little TDA2030A amplifier ICs have a fairly low maximum allowed supply voltage so their output power is fairly low.

For my car's subwoofer amp, I used the same circuit with the TDA2030s in bridged mode.
In that TIP35 & TIP36 complimentary pair transistors are used. The +/- 12V Supply is given to the amp. While checking with a ammeter, its seen that in the case of high bass beats , the meter shows around ~8A reading (ie the peak power produced is apprx. 24x8 = 192W). very near to 200Ws

Those dumper transistors added for higher current output.

Last edited:
For my car's subwoofer amp, I used the same circuit with the TDA2030s in bridged mode.
In that TIP35 & TIP36 complimentary pair transistors are used. The +/- 12V Supply is given to the amp. While checking with a ammeter, its seen that in the case of high bass beats , the meter shows around ~8A reading (ie the peak power produced is apprx. 24x8 = 192W). very near to 200Ws

Assuming +/-12V supply rails - for which you would need an inverter in a car, and assuming zero losses, the maximum RMS output is only 72watts - in practice 64watts is probably about the most you'll get. Without an inverter, so running off 12V only, the maximum output from a bridged car amp is only 16watts.

If the alternator is charging the battery at 13.8V and the load is 4 ohms and the Mickey-Mouse bridged circuit has losses of about 5V then its output signal is 8.0V RMS. Then the power into a 4 ohm speaker is only (8.0V squared)/4= 16.0W.

The little TDA2030A amplifier ICs produce fairly low output power and the extra transistors boost the current but then the supply voltage is not high enough for more power.

Peak power is phoney power. Real power is continuous RMS power.

Peak power is phoney power. Real power is continuous RMS power.
Of course you correct.

In my case, its just mentioned it as the peak power consumed when some heavy bass beat is produced. (So there I just multiplied the Voltage applied 24V with the Current reading on my low cost multimeter's screen at that instant peak,8Amp). And this 8Amp reading is taken from my power supply out. Not from the amplifier's out !!. Also I am aware that, a portion of that is taken for the heat.

In normal sound's case it just showing in between 2 ~ 4 amps only.

In my previous post, I need to say it as the Peak Power consumed from the power supply. ...!!

The peak current from the power supply happens much faster than a multimeter can read it. You need an oscilloscope sensing the current through a low value resistor to see the peak.

The heating from most amplifiers is about 0.45 of the total power supply power provided so the actual output power is 0.55 of the total power supply power.

You also need good hearing and good speakers or an oscilloscope to hear or see that the ouput of the amplifier is not clipping.

according to the data sheet, maximum power supply rails for the TDA2030 are +/-18V. even with transistors to boost the output current to drive a 2 ohm load, this is going to be somewhere around ((0.707*18)^2)/2 = 80W (the transistors specified cannot drive a 1 ohm load, and really shouldn't be used to drive a 2 ohm inductive load either). a 4 ohm load could be driven at 40W. with a 4 ohm load being driven in bridged configuration, you get 80 watts rms, but each half of the amp "sees" a 2 ohm load, so again, you may be bumping up against the limits of the safe operating area of the transistors

The project might have been designed before the higher voltage TDA2030A was introduced. Its maximum supply is +/- 22V.

say again :
PCB of TDA2030A BTL streeo(I Designing by ARES professional Labcenter Electronics Software) is complete.
my PCB IS GOOD for build my Amplifier... OR NOT GOOD Design .... Please See Attached files
(some Copper track in Pcb is not thin ??? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back