Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TDA2822 Power Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian sphank

Hello everyone!!

Im goin to work with TDA2822.My question are

1)How much gain does this power amp give me?
2)There is a 2 input line.But I will has 1 input line.Will it be ok?

Thanks!!

Im goin to work with TDA2822.My question are

1)How much gain does this power amp give me?
2)There is a 2 input line.But I will has 1 input line.Will it be ok?
All your questions are answered in the datasheet.
The TDA2822 has two amplifiers.
The datasheet has the schematic and a pcb design for a stereo amplifier and a bridged amplifier. The bridged amplifier has 2 times to 3 times as much output power as one channel of the stereo amplifier and it doen't use the huge output coupling capacitors.

Attachments

• TDA2822.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 765
The datasheet for the TDA2822 answers your questions about it. Haven't you looked at the datasheet?
The datasheet has a schematic of a low power stereo amplifier and a higher power bridged mono amplifier.
The datasheet has pcb designs for both.

If you don't understand the datasheet then learn English or do gardening instead of electronics.

Datasheets contain all the information a designer needs to work with the device in question. As such it has to include all information, down to pin capacitances, frequency response curves, power consumption over temperature etc... That does not mean to say you need to know of of it! Or what it even means. Over time you will learn what every bit of data means, and how applicable it is to your application.

As audioguru said, the datasheet provides a reference schematic which is nearly always the best place to start. Only look for the information you need. If you only need one input then the datasheet will include information of how to connect one input to ground so it is not used. Even then you could just connect your input to both channels and have two outputs. Don't be scared of all those graphs/numbers/notes, they are not there to confuse you, just included should you need to know.

Blueteeth

Don't be scared of all those graphs/numbers/notes, they are not there to confuse you, just included should you need to know.

Blueteeth

I like your phrase.As a 1st year student,we always scared to read extra information such as information on the data sheet.Ok.I try my best!

If you don't understand the datasheet then learn English or do gardening instead of electronics.

Dont harsh me like this..Im a 1st year student.There is 2 type of students who enter the University, 1 is the the excellent/high level student and the other is the moderate/low level.Maybe im in low level student.Im force myself to study.Im not a fast leaner.:(

Dont harsh me like this..Im a 1st year student.
Sorry. You did not say you are a noob.:(
If you are driving a single speaker then you should use the schematic and pcb design in the datasheet with the bridged amplifier for more output power.
Use a 6V battery and an 8 ohm speaker for an output power of 1.35W with a lot of clipping distortion or 1W with low distortion.

The TDA2822 has a 16 pins case and the TDA2822M has a smaller 8 pins case. Each one has its own datasheet to avoid confusion of the pins functions.

Dont harsh me like this..Im a 1st year student.There is 2 type of students who enter the University, 1 is the the excellent/high level student and the other is the moderate/low level.Maybe im in low level student.Im force myself to study.Im not a fast leaner.:(

Hey..im understand how it felt.Taking electrical course nowadays is hard but a promising job nowadays.Well,as a student,wish you all the best!!

Regarding to TDA2822,im goin to use it also.My project did not started yet but i will use TDA2822M.As far as i know,the gain is within 60~110.The input impedance is 100k.It can drive load min 4ohm and max 32ohm.

Hope it help you much!!

Sorry. You did not say you are a noob.:(
If you are driving a single speaker then you should use the schematic and pcb design in the datasheet with the bridged amplifier for more output power.
Use a 6V battery and an 8 ohm speaker for an output power of 1.35W with a lot of clipping distortion or 1W with low distortion.

The TDA2822 has a 16 pins case and the TDA2822M has a smaller 8 pins case. Each one has its own datasheet to avoid confusion of the pins functions.

Im using TDA2822M and i need to drive an earphone(16 ohm).But i have only one input line.I will connect it to pin 7 and pin 5,6 and 8 are capacitively ground.Am i correct?

Since you are using only one of the two amplifiers, you must properly disable the unused one so it doesn't oscillate.

Use a volume control at the input so that you don't blow your ears off.

Attachments

• TDA2822M driving an earphone.PNG
    TDA2822M driving an earphone.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 4,363
I can't understand what is special with this TDA2822 thing?

Why every noobs are going behind that?

Is that the only low power amp IC available on earth??

No, but its a nice, simple, practical project. Obviously it seems its widely available, and if those more inexperienced users can use it not only as a headphone amp, but also a learning tool for audio/electronics/datasheet reading,. then its all good :D

Blueteeth

I can't understand what is special with this TDA2822 thing?

Why every noobs are going behind that?

Is that the only low power amp IC available on earth??

The TDA2822 little amplifier is stereo and can be bridged for more output power.
Its minimum supply is only 1.8V.
It is available almost anywhere because it is not Oriental.

The LM386 little amplifier is mono, cannot be bridged and has a minimum supply of 4V or 5V.

Since you are using only one of the two amplifiers, you must properly disable the unused one so it doesn't oscillate.

Use a volume control at the input so that you don't blow your ears off.

As in your diagram,i wonder why pin 3 is not use?

At the end of the output terminal,why the snubber network consist of 4.7k ohm and 0.1uF?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back