Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temp/Timing Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtyrrell

I have several 12 vdc exhaust fans in my Mobile Homes ceiling. Instead of turning each of these on/off individually I was looking for a possible circuit that could turn these fans on/off for a predetermined time (ie. 15-30 mins) but only when inside temperature reached around 80°F and then reset itself for a new cycle, until temp has dropped below the set temp of 80°F. Can anyone help me?

hi and welcome,

Do you know the wattage or current rating of the 12volt fans

E

Do you have 120V/240V AC available?

yes...120vac is available, but would prefer to use all 12vdc

Reason I asked is I have used used home heating/cooling thermostats I bought at Habitat For Humanity thrift store for $1 for a similar project. However, they operate on 24VAC; work fine on AC Wall-Wart.

I have thought of using a thermostat as the temp sensing section of what I need, but as you said, they operate off of 24vac....and even 120vac is scarce as all my 120vac comes from an inverter off of solar panels

Maybe you could find an old thermostat with a mercury switch. It could operate a MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back