Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The coolest picture ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks256 said:
pff. That liquidation sale was crap!!!!

We paid $7 to get in, and nothing was like it was advertised. The cheapest laptop i saw was $200. There were NO digital cameras, mp3 players, or jump drives. Oh, and i thought it was a "liquidation sale", not a "Jack up the price and say it was on sale!"

Ugh. what a waist of money. Didn't even see anything worth buying. :(
Ditto here. But I spent $28 to get in with 3 kids. The website said $5. And it was the same show I am sure. I will report them Monday and I know a director of the fairgrounds I went too. But not sure there is much he can do. As these are vendors.

I told the person running it they did not have what the ad said (on TV over and over). She asked if I want to come back tomorrow free when the other trucks came in (I then recalled I had been there before). I told her, NO, I spent $30 to get in and do not have 2.5 more hours to waste this weekend or the gas. I told the lady I would not be back.

Again, ditto.

EDIT: If it sounds too good to be true. But for $28, I did have 2.5 hours of time with my kids. But yea, it was a joke.

Last edited:
Yeah. My mom and dad (along with my "sister") went. Adults were $7 each, but kids 12 and under were free. My mom decided she didn't want to go in ($7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so it was just my dad and i (my "sister" got in for free). We spent a total of 15 minutes in there (for a total of $14). It was smaller than crap, too. The room was a little bit bigger than a school gymnasium.

Anyways. (yes, more complaining....) While we were there, i looked at some of the laptops. They had all the system specs printed out on a sheet of paper, as well as the price of the unit, posted in front of it.
I got curious, and went into "My Computer" and looked at the system specs... Let's just say that a good majority of the laptops were bragged up a bit... Here are some examples;

"Compaq. 1000MHz!!!! 256MB 20GB" (make, proc speed, memory, and hd)

this is what it REALLY was;

Compaq. 750MHz 128MB 15GB (yep....)

And what is more disgusting than that, is the SAME vendor was selling FLOPPY DRIVES for $20, CD-ROMS (just normal cd roms, no burning or DVD) for $50, and a 10gb laptop hard drive for $80!!!!!!!!!!!

Like i said before just jack up the prices and say that it is on sale...

Well now i feel better. That let off some steam! ;)

I mostly hang around the Dovebid website nowadays to get my "cheap stuff" fix. Mind you I spend most of my time "window shopping". They take some pretty interesting pictures, and the most useful part is that there's usually enough information - vendor/model numbers to find out who makes the equipment that *real* manufacturers use - as of a couple years ago anyway.

Occasionally they also close out business offices, and you can pick up relatively new computers for reasonable prices. However it only makes sense if you can physically go there and pick it up. The shippers they use are more focused on industrial equipment and will happily quote you a couple hundred dollars to pack and ship stuff.

So you've discovered those rip-off sales, we had a problem with those here in the UK awhile ago.

Moral of the story: unless it's a regularly occurring computer hardware fare then don't go anywhere that charges an entry fee. Also speaking to people who are leaving the place would be a good idea just to check it itsn't a rip-off.

You should've taken a digital camera with you, selling a 128MB 750MHz laptop as a 256MB 1GHz laptop is illegal in any semi-civilised country.

They had pioneer DVR +/- burners. $69.95. 2 years ago I paid $49.95 for mine, and it actually said poineer on the drive :D

Live and learn.. Off to clone a Windoze machine and check out dovebid..

You should've taken a digital camera with you, selling a 128MB 750MHz laptop as a 256MB 1GHz laptop is illegal in any semi-civilised country.

I was actually planning on investing in a digital camera while there! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Did you see the fake DSLR cameras? With flash and all. They were large. And the make ipod looking mp4 (I was like 4?) Does it do video too.. :D

I will keep with the thought, if you pay to get in, there is something wrong. What I paid to get in, I should have had a MP3 player and digital camera. The ad was impressive.

Yeah... The ad made it sound like it would be great... bas**rds...

no, i did not see ANY sort of cameras or ANY form of MP3/4 player.

Marks256 said:
Yeah... The ad made it sound like it would be great... bas**rds...

no, i did not see ANY sort of cameras or ANY form of MP3/4 player.

I was so mad, I walked thru a second time.. And saw the cameras (and laughed my tail off), the kids went through the game software (Win95+ types)..

But the funny part, the MP3 player was call the MP3/4. No joke. Maybe is it .75 of a real MP3 player?

Actually, the MP4 container format is real. MP3 audio can be contained inside an MP4 file.

actually my place is quite a mess sometimes .. but it is definately always a mess under the desk!!

Attachments

• IMAG0065.JPG
    IMAG0065.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 270
actually my place is quite a mess sometimes .. but it is definately always a mess under the desk!!

Neat. Once i get a better camera, i will take a picture of my basement. It looks like radio shack exploded... :D

Marks256 said:
Neat. Once i get a better camera, i will take a picture of my basement. It looks like radio shack exploded... :D

cool, let us see, i like to see other people workplace.. it gives me ideas..

Well, at the moment i can barely walk in the basement... :( :D It has too much stuff in it... I guess i could get out my video camera and make a short vid and (try) to upload it to YouTube...

Yeah, i will give that a go when i am done with homework (my video camera is old, though... i am not even sure if it still works... :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back