Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The only place left to turn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arn209

My knowledge to wiring anything is very limited. Limited to the point of non-existant. I really need some help with a future project. Along with the build, I would love to gain some basic knowledge. My plans are to build an led panel for the growth of corals in a marine aquarium. I have not purchased the LEDs yet, nor any other items needed for the build. There has been one site I was refered to for this build. Ledwizard or something of that sort, but I don't understand what I'm reading. My plan is to build a panel 1/3 blue LEDs, 2/3 white. I would like to wire the blue and white on seperate plugs. 2 rows white, 1 row blue so on and so forth. The panel would be 36"x20" with LEDs spaced an inch apart. Starting with an inch border around the whole thing, so led-wise it would be 34 LEDs x 18 LEDs. If someone can map this out for me and help me understand things such as forward current etc. I'd really appriciate it. I would also like to learn how I'm supposed to calculate what I need. I'm a blank canvas asking to be slapped with some paint. Can anyone help shed some light on this? Also, for me, this sounds very challenging, is this a challenging task? Not filling my head with knowledge, because that's challenging enough, but building such a panel? Thank you.

Ps. I was going to go with 3 250w metal halide bulbs and 4 96w CFL bulbs. Will the power consumption be much less, more, or equal to what I would like to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back