Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermometer Design question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abetz53

So im trying to create a LED or LCD small digital thermometer. display size about .5 in H and 1-1.5 in L. And as thin as possible. 3 digit read out with possibly a two color back light. With 4 programmable buttons one to flip the direction of the display, one power, one alarm set ( to switch the color of the screen once reached ) as well as a button for C / F. I know there is a lot here but any direction you could send me in would help out a lot. Thanks! with a separated sensor about 7 inches from the display. Not really sure how to bring it all together so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap Chinese thermometer like you describe for ~$10US. Why would I waste my time building one?

I'm not really sure I understand everything you're talking about, but if you want to make your own thermometer try looking into a simple ADC with a display driver built in. Some good ones are the ICL7106 (LCD version), ICL7107 (LED version), and the ICL7129. Those are just a few ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back