Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tik tik inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

naushad

hello guys!

please help me!

i have HP71 monitor 17" color model D8901A chasis CMC4217.

it was all running ok. suddenly there was a very bright thin vertical white line in the monitor.

i watched closely and found as if the picture was squezed by 1-2mm SIZE.into a thin vertical line.

after few seconds the mionitor went dead and tik tik sound is continuously coming(may be from the flyback). i changed the flyback transistor but nothing happened.

please check what to check/replace next?

please tell me the precise number e.g(R540 OR C217 etc) for checking and replacement.

please send me the service manual of the monitor also
waiting for your reply

take care

Check the Horizontal section. Perhaps there would be the main problem as the picture reduced to a vertical line first before your monitor went dead. Check the Pots in the section first. Then any Transistors. It will definitely be a IC based monitor. So refer to the IC data sheet for checking. You may also need Oscilloscope to view signals at different points.

If you are not competent or fully versed with TV/Monitors do not tackle it yourself. It might cause sever injury to you. Take it to a service personnel.

Aily

thanks indeed sajjad for replying!

well dear i am an elecctrical engineer and intrested in electronics. i am fully aware of the safety requirements.

can you precisely tell me which pot number and which transistor number to check?

what do you mean by IC based transistor?
are you talking about the flyback transistor?
there is one transistor (or mosfet?) that has SDG legs instead of emitter, base and collector. what that stands for? S,D,G and how to check that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back