Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

torque of a stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
bananasiong said:
thanks for your info, Nigel :wink:
is the torque high enough if i use only 5V to drive the servo? i there many model?

They commonly work off 4.8V in radio controlled models (four AA NiCd's) so 5V is fine - torque should be plenty, it's what they are designed for!.

Bear in mind, a 2 foot long ,glow plug engined, model car, doing 80 MPH, is going to be steered by one!, with another one working the throttle.

Nigel Goodwin said:
They commonly work off 4.8V in radio controlled models (four AA NiCd's) so 5V is fine - torque should be plenty, it's what they are designed for!.

Bear in mind, a 2 foot long ,glow plug engined, model car, doing 80 MPH, is going to be steered by one!, with another one working the throttle.

i didn't know that powerful a servo is!! if i knew it, i won't try the stepper.. :cry:
but what is radio controlled?

bananasiong said:
Nigel Goodwin said:

i didn't know that powerful a servo is!! if i knew it, i won't try the stepper.. :cry:
but what is radio controlled?

Have a look here https://tamiya.com/english/rc/rc.htm, Tamiya are the leading manufacturer of radio controlled cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back