Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer installation help - HS5F3AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunasekhar

Hi,

I am attaching the cut sheet, but when I connect mains as per the cut sheet the out put is fluctuating. I am not an electrician, but trying to connect this transformer to run 110 volts applicances, any one out there help me to install this, how do I connect the main lines and how do I take 110 volts output. My requirement is step down from 240 to 120. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• HS5 Series Cut Sheet.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 130
For your primary 240 volt side connect H1 to H6 and connect H3 to H8. Your 240 is applied to those two junctions.

For your 120 volt secondary connect X1 to X3 and connect X2 to X4. Your 120 volt out is out on those two junctions.

You may want to measure your mains to the transformer primaries and make sure it is stable at 240 volts.

Ron

Did you make your connections as instructed by the sheet? For 240--> 120, that should be:

• Connect H1 to H6, connect H3 to H8
  • Connect line (240V) to H1 & H8
  • Connect X1 to X3, X2 to X4
  • Connect load (120V) to X1 & X4
What do you mean by "fluctuating"? Does the secondary voltage regularly pulsate?

Attached is a cartoon that follows what has been posted. The cartoon does not show all the transformer taps, only those you need to connect.

Ron

Attachments

• 240 to 120 Transformer.gif
    240 to 120 Transformer.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back