Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmit electrical energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmankhan

hello,
i need a circuit inwhich i transmit the electrical energy one end to other end i need a circuit if anyone have any idea so plz help me thanks

hello, please provide me a circuit, inwhich i want to use cell phone signals i want to presentate this circuit

ummmm, i agree with mneary, there isn't any good way to transmit power.

There was a myth that Telsa had devised a wireless method of power transmission, but methinks it was just that. A myth.

Edit: Of course, if I keep experimenting with household items, I'll eventually figure out how to do it, using only a block of cheddar cheese and a balloon whisk.

Last edited:
i think that was his tesla coil? if you put a flouro tube near it, it would light up or it was that if you put another coil near it you could get a couple of volts out? i don't think the original poster has a tesla coil laying about?

I wouldn't worry about efficiency, I'd worry about accidental inductive heating of nearby metal objects =) I'm very curious about the frequency they're using though, it must be relativly low. (U.S. AM radio band maybe?)

"I'd worry about accidental inductive heating of nearby metal objects"
that would be hilarious, your knives and forks would thart glowing red when you pull them out of the draw:D :D

Tesla did indeed transmit wireless power quite easily and with minimal power loss. He was maticulous in his documentation, and very reliable. Look up the Wardenclyffe Tower, based on using harmonic frequencies and transmiting both through air and ground (air transmition of power is poor, however ground is excellent. if people had radios that were based on recieving signals that were transmited through the ground, there would be signals that were hundreds of times better) Telsa varifiably transmited power from one side of the globe to the other with 95 percent efficiency. If you doubt this, take into consideration the fact that Tesla has over 1200 pattents attributed to him, he is the inventor and father of the modern electrical grid, and he discovered, and harnessed transverse electrical waves one hundred years ago, something which is only know on the fringe of science and is reletively unheard of by most people.

Armagdn03 said:
Tesla did indeed transmit wireless power quite easily and with minimal power loss. Telsa varifiably transmited power from one side of the globe to the other with 95 percent efficiency.

I Really DOUBT THIS.

If this were True, Why are our power companys wasting there money by putting wires all over the world.

chemelec said:
I Really DOUBT THIS.

If this were True, Why are our power companys wasting there money by putting wires all over the world.

Because we send them money each and every month.

Tesla's plan was to give power away and make money by selling the devices that received it. This was not nearly as profitable as selling energy.

I lived in Colorado Springs where Tesla did some of his research. They have a park in his name and had a museum of sorts.

Tesla is said to have demonstrated the transmission of power in Colorado Springs. He setup and transmitted power to large lights on top castle rock which is about 40 or 45 miles from where his lab was located. I can not verify this. Locals say it was so. Some claimed you could see the glow of the lights from Colorado Springs. Must have been some very large lights. All the people who witnessed it are dead by now.

He moved to NYC and started construction of a large scale project which was never finished.

There is much info on Tesla on the web.

At any rate, Tesla was a great man who had a lot to do with the way we live our lives today. His credits include AC power, Radio Control, and other useful stuff. Although his work has attracted more then its fair share of crackpots he was not one.

"His credits include AC power, Radio Control, and other useful stuff"
don't forget tesla coils and earthquake machines:D :D :D :D :D
lights seen 45 miles away???? those lights would have been massive, and the amount of power he would have used would have blacked out the city:D :D

things said:
"His credits include AC power, Radio Control, and other useful stuff"
don't forget tesla coils and earthquake machines:D :D :D :D :D
lights seen 45 miles away???? those lights would have been massive, and the amount of power he would have used would have blacked out the city:D :D
Yeah I know. This stuff was 3rd hand info by the time I heard it. I think I heard it from one of the EEs who grew up there. He is must be 65+ by now.

Like I said I can not confirm any of it. But it is interesting.

In regards to blacking out the city. At that time the population of Collorado Springs would have been very small. Perhaps more of a town then a city. No sure what they would have had for power generation back then.

hm..rfid chips (the passive type) get all their power from the external varying electric field...power consumption is very tiny but hey, it's 'wireless' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back