Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin D

I want to use a PIR motion detector to trigger a message on a HK828 voice recorder (Silicon Chip Mag Dec 2007). The PIR that I have gives a 2 second closed output via internal relay when it detects movement. First problem is 2 second is too long, the recorder circuit only reacts to a 1 second pulse. Second problem is that multiple movement detection retriggers the internal relay, I need a single shot that will not allow another trigger signal for approximately 60 seconds.

That should be doable. Are the closed relay contacts volts-free at present?

Assuming the relay contacts are volts-free or have one contact grounded then this should do what you want:-
View attachment 69048

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back