Trying to repurpose a tread mill bed for a drum sander

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I didn't understand what you meant before. I do now. I think the pulley has an optical sensor on it because it's a white spot on the black pulley and the sensor is in line with it. But you gave me an idea. If I moved the sensor more toward the center of the pulley and put a white spot for it to read would that slow down the speed because it would be seeing it turn faster than on the rim of the pulley?

Thanks,

Jeff L.

If you put two white dots on it, it'll think it's going twice as fast and may slow down.

Mike.

That's
If you put two white dots on it, it'll think it's going twice as fast and may slow down.

Mike.
I will try it tomorrow after my Grandsons go home. That would be such a easy fix to this. I hope it works. I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Jeff Loveless

The indicated RPM will be the same!
Max.
I tried putting a second indicator mark on it and it slowed down a little. What really worked is hitting the minus mark and it slowed down perfect for what I wanted to do. I missed the minus sign all this time. So problem is solved now. Thanks so much for all the ideas and formulas for surface speed of the drum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…