Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL-232R converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_hau

Is there anywhere in Australia where I can buy a TTL-232R USB cable?I know you can get them from FTDI or mouser but you pay $30USD freight on a $10 cable.

I am building a Motorbike ECU interface and apparently this is the silver bullett.
I am not an electronics wizz but I am getting all my info from
**broken link removed**

Thanks in advance. :)

Ebay is a good source for USB to RS232 converters.

It is quite a simple project to make an RS232 - TTL converter, based on a MAX232 or similar.

The only danger is that some USB to RS232 converters do not work with all software/hardware that does work with a real RS232 port on a desktop PC. As your application only uses Rx and Tx you should be OK.

Dontronics will have the ftdi cables that you are after!

**broken link removed**

He is in australia.

Cheers

Stolzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back