Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

types of damages to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
gastonanthony said:
ok, here's how i accidentally fried the PIC, I got so sleepy and lazy one night and after programming the PIC, I didn't bother to place a 5 volt regulator (7805) upon testing my circuit, I thought that my adjustable adapter could give me exactly 5 volts because it was set at 5 volts, but after frying my PIC, I measured the adaptor output voltage using a multimeter and it turned out to be 11 volts :shock: :oops:
I hope you'll not be making this same mistake in the future
Ohh never rely on "Chinese" or Yellow adapters... Usually they output 2 times do voltage they are set on before the load is applied...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back