Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Can somebody tell me how to configure the UART for 1200bps on 7bit data & even parity with start & stop bits.OSC is 4MHz.

Thanks

Last edited:
Cant I use the UART module to receive data?

7bit data & even parity means is it 8 bit? so why I cant use the standard UART module & ignore the MSB that is parity bit in this case.

I want to do this with UART module.

Last edited:
Nigel thanks.

I still wondering what code do I need to write why can't i just ignore the MSB of the receive byte ?

So I need only to read the buffer.

You mean what code to write?

Last edited:
Nigel thanks.

I still wondering what code do I need to write why can't i just ignore the MSB of the receive byte ?

So I need only to read the buffer.

You mean what code to write?

It's not like you need to write a lot :D

If you want to ignore the parity bit, then simply write code to AND it and mask that bit off. One line is all you need to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back