Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ULN2803 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

originator

I have a processor at 3.3 sending i2c commands to a PCF8575 16 bit 1/o expander which is also at 3.3. There are two ULN2803's attached to the 16 outs of the PCF8575. When an output is turned on, the voltage on any/all 16 pins is .93VDC. The ULN2803 is to sink a relay that has 5volts on it. The .9V is not turning on the transistor pair to sink the relay coil. Does this make any sense to anyone why the output is low?

Thanks

PS the schematic shows 12v on the relay but it is 5.

EDIT sorry for the post, the 8575 part is not a full power output s I was told. It is is at full power for a gew micro seconds only, then drops to low power. I added pullups and solved it.

Attachments

• 2803.jpg
    2803.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back