Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unable to set RBPU bit in option reg

Status
Not open for further replies.

grekson

I want to set rbpu bit to be 0 so I will enable portb internal pull ups in PIC mcu.
I am using mikropascal compiler and when I write "OPTION_REG:=value;" the command is excepted, but if I want to set particular bit as "OPTION_REG.RBPU:=0" the command isn't accepted.

For comparison the compiler excepts this line OSCCON.IRCF2:=1; where you set oscilator freq bits.

It sems that OPTION_REG.7:=0; works.
Don't know why for OSCCON register you can select bit by its name or number but for OPTION register you can use just number.

It sems that OPTION_REG.7:=0; works.
Don't know why for OSCCON register you can select bit by its name or number but for OPTION register you can use just number.

It's a 'limitation' of the compiler, ask the writers - you may of course just be using the wrong word?.

For assembler all definitions are stored in the .INC text files, does this compiler use something similar?.

In assembler the weak pull up bit in the OPTION register is named NOT_RBPU, since it is actived by clearing the bit. Probably the same for the compiler too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back