Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uninstalling software from modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssembo

Hello guys, i want to uninstall a certain software from a modem and install another, such that when i plug in my modem, it installs the new software and not the old one.

Please help

thanks in advance.

You don't mention the OS (Operating System) or the type of modem. That makes a difference.

Ron

Huawei e160x with orange software and would like to install on mobile partner.

Thanks Ron, i remember you.

OK, isn't mobile partner the software for the modem? What you have is a 3G modem with the mobile partner software installed on what computer or operating system? Like Windows something? Unless I am reading this all wrong and not understanding. :(

This stuff is not quite my forte.

For example if you wanted to install the Mobile Partner connection manager on a Windows system you would do it like this video shows. Before doing that you would connect the device and open the device manager on the OS. Then find the device under your USB devices and have windows unstall it using a right click on the device and choosing Uninstall or Remove. Also you would go into Add Remove programs and remove any associated software. Then restart the system and let windows find the new hardware but do not install it. Just do as the link shows. I am just not sure I understand what you are after.

Ron

Assuming you are using windows xp click the control panel and there click "Add or remove programs".

Windows will then populate a list of software which has been installed.

If you find your modem there just click "Change/Remove".

Boncuk

Assuming you are using windows xp click the control panel and there click "Add or remove programs".

Windows will then populate a list of software which has been installed.

If you find your modem there just click "Change/Remove".

Boncuk

You seem to have totally misunderstood his question?, he's not asking about Windows software, but the actual software inside the USB GSM modem, which is specific to the phone company the modem comes from.

As I understand it, it is possible to overwrite it with the original manufacturers default software, but I don't know where you're download it (and the installer) from.

You seem to have totally misunderstood his question?, he's not asking about Windows software, but the actual software inside the USB GSM modem, which is specific to the phone company the modem comes from.
As I understand it, it is possible to overwrite it with the original manufacturers default software, but I don't know where you're download it (and the installer) from.

Yeah so he's actually referring to the firmware in the modem. Presumably he would have to go to the modem manufacturer's www site and see ifthey have new firmware upgrades

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back